For the treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of both sport-related and non sport-related injury. Our therapists deal with many common complaints, including strains and sprains, back and muscle pain, postural issues and work-related conditions.
Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare which focuses on the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the person back to optimum levels of functional, occupational, and sport-specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
Our Sports Therapists do not just deal with athletes. Anyone who suffers an injury through physical exertion, whether it is running, gardening, or even housework, can benefit from Sports Therapy. However fit, whatever age or activity, Sports Therapy is an effective treatment for many people.
Some conditions which can be treated with Sports Therapy
- Back, neck and shoulder pain (including sciatica)
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Achilles tendonitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Knee pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post/pre-surgery rehabilitation
- Runner’s knee
- Shin splints/Medial Tibial Border Syndrome (MTBS)
What to expect
On your first visit our Sports Therapist Alice Weekes will assess your injury and devise a treatment plan. Alice is a healthcare professional who has the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes.
- Provide the immediate care of injuries in recreational, training and competitive environments.
- Assess, treat, and where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Provide appropriate sport and remedial massage.
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes tailored specifically to the individual.
Our main aim is to restore pain-free movement and function as soon as possible. Generally, the less time you have had your symptoms, the quicker the recovery time.
How we treat the individual
A wide variety of treatment techniques can be utilised depending upon type of injury:
– Joint mobilisation
– Sports massage
– Soft tissue mobilisation
– Stretching/ Proprioceptive Muscular Facilitation stretching (PMF)
– Rehabilitation exercises
– Kinesio taping
– Athletic taping
– Postural correction